We all know that, unlike cats, dogs have no idea how to clean themselves. Labrador Retrievers are popular and loved for being a dog breed that has playful and adventurous characteristics.
Labrador Retrievers are known to suffer from skin irritation due to the dense double coat they have and with their never-ending love to play, get wet and dirty, finding the right shampoo for your lab can be tough, but it can make your life easier.
Things to consider before buying shampoos.
Labrador Retrievers come with a thick double coat fur, that keeps them safe from weather changes and so it’s vital to maintain healthy fur. So, what exactly should you look for in a Lab shampoo?
Let’s dive into some of the most important things to look for:
Find a Lab shampoo that is formulated to deal with shedding, as Labradors are a heavily shedding breed.
Purchasing oatmeal or aloe-based shampoo would be a great idea if your lab suffers from sensitive skin and it helps remove itchiness and dryness.
If you have a lab puppy with you, start by using mild puppy shampoos. Here are some suggestions of Shampoos for Labrador Puppy.
If your lab has some sort of allergies, always go for a natural dog shampoo.
If you are considering having a general bathing shampoo buying a flea and tick treatment shampoo would be a good choice.
Your dog might be prone to several allergies during the allergy season, so keeping a shampoo that helps your dog to deal with itching and other allergy issues is a good idea. As there is no specific rule as to how many shampoos your dog can have.
1. Captain Zack Barking Up the Tea Tree Dog Shampoo
This is an antimicrobial, anti-fungal moisturizing shampoo. Natural actives of Tea Tree help soothe the coat and skin, reduce skin irritation and inflammation while repelling parasites and other insects from your furry friends.
It nourishes and hydrates their coat as well. Tea Tree oil serves as a natural Anti-septic and helps relieve pets with skin conditions like rashes, inflammation, itchiness, and fungal infections.
- Made of natural ingredients.
- Vegan and cruelty-free.
- No chemical dyes or parabens are used to formulate this shampoo.
- Reduces skin itching and irritations.
- Anti-bacterial shampoo.
2. Himalaya Erina-EP Tick and Flea Control Shampoo.
Himalaya, being one of the most trusted brands in India, offers this special tick and flea control shampoo made of natural ingredients. It is predominantly an amalgamation of herbs and helps to prevent your dog from fleas, ticks, and other skin irritations.
- Ayurvedic Proprietary Medicine.
- Prevents from Fleas, Lice, and ticks infestation, itching
- Each ml contains: Tailaparni 9mg, Vacha 8 mg, Sarapunkha 6.5 mg, Nimba 6.5 mg
- Made in India.
3. VetVeda | Smooth and Silky Coat Shampoo with Conditioner
This can be used on dogs as well as cats and is Cruelty-Free, pH Balanced, Toxin Free, Paraben Free, and Artificial Fragrance-Free and is highly recommended for cleaning dirty coats, coat conditioning & detangling, & skin moisturizing short to long coats.
- Only natural ingredients are used
- Toxin and paraben-free.
- It is pH balanced.
- Calming formula.
- Vet recommendation is a must
- Can be used on all breeds
- The safe and natural solution
4. Petex Pet Lifestyle Dog Puppy Tearless Shampoo
This gentle & tearless pup shampoo is completely made using essential oils. This is a soap-free shampoo and rinses with extraordinary ease.
Its unique formulation helps relieve itching and flaking caused by seborrhoea while removing excess oil. With regular use, this shampoo promotes cleaner, healthier skin, while leaving your puppy coat soft and shiny.
Dog Shampoo is gentle enough to be used as often as necessary to achieve the desired therapeutic results.
- Soap-free which makes it ideal for your dog’s flea and tick medication
- It is pH balanced.
- Contains oatmeal, honey, and Vitamin E.
- Helps remove excess hair and eliminates tangles.
5. Zoivane Pets Dog shampoo
A dog shampoo that contains tea tree oil extracts and is an anti-microbial, anti-fungal moisturizing shampoo.
Natural actives of Tea Tree help soothe the coat and skin, reduce skin irritation and inflammation while repelling parasites and other insects from your furry friends.
It nourishes and hydrates their coat as well and also helps to kill bacteria. Tea tree as we all know comes with a lot of benefits like anti-septic, anti-inflammatory, etc.
- Comes with antibacterial and antiseptic formula.
- No nasty chemicals are used.
- Nourishes and hydrates your dog’s skin.
- Formulated to deliver long-lasting moisture to the fur and skin.
6. P E T V E D A Organic Argan Oil Dogs and Cats Shampoo with Added Conditioning and Shine
With the goodness of organic Argan oil and various other natural ingredients, this shampoo is enriched with antioxidants to protect the coat and coat color against pollution and environmental damage.
“PETVEDA” is an ayurvedic resort for your four-legged furry friend and comes with a wide variety of products that are herbal and natural; free from paraben, sulfates (SLES/SLS), synthetic fragrances, artificial colors, alcohol, and palm oil derivatives.
The shampoo restores the natural pH level of the skin to give a healthy and shiny coat along with strengthening density and volume.
- pH is balanced.
- Also available in Blueberry, Lavender, and Strawberry flavor.
7. Boltz Dog Shampoo for Healthy Shiny Coat
A sulfate-free shampoo for your dog that is made from aloe vera, lavender, and jojoba oil extracts and soothes the coat and skin while repelling ticks, fleas, and other parasites. It also clears all sorts of skin irritation and inflammations.
- Helps to maintain a shiny and healthy coat.
- Great for moisturizing.
- Aloe-vera, lavender, and jojoba oil extracts
- pH balanced
Also read: 7 Best Shampoos for Labrador Puppy in India
While purchasing shampoos for your Labrador retriever, it is very important to consider several things.
It has to be something that will be mild, gentle on the skin, and also a acts as de-shedder since Labradors come with a dense furry coat.
Now that you’ve come across ‘7 best shampoos for Labradors’, it’s time to select the one that’d be best for your loving little and enthusiastic lab.